Durbuy: the smallest city in the world… with the best restaurants !
Durbuy is situated in the heart of the Liege-Namur-Marche triangle, in the province of Luxembourg.Three regions come together in Durbuy: the Condroz, the Famenne and the Ardennes.
“La vieille ville”, the old town centre, still forms a unique area that cannot be skipped. A stroll or carriage ride through its winding streets and alleys allows one to fully experience Durbuy's charm. Durbuy, the keystone in the scenery of rivers and forests, has become a refuge for those longing for leisure, relaxation... and gastronomy!
The large range of comfortable restaurants makes Durbuy the ideal place to spend a romantic weekend in the Ardennes. Durbuy and its surroundings are very well known for their gastronomy. “La Place aux Foires” is one of the places where you can enjoy a tasty meal. In fact, almost the whole city is devoted to gastronomy. Many places offer a tasteful “tartouille” (a kind of quiche), or focus on delicious game menus during autumn. In December, you are offered all regional specialties on the Christmas market. Moreover, the young ones will definitely have a good time on the heated skating rink. A warm welcome awaits you in each romantic restaurant of the city. The restaurants in Durbuy belong to the most gastronomic ones in the Ardennes.
It is an extraordinary area for people who wish to practice their favourite sports. Hiking and mountain-biking, kayaking along the Ourthe River, rafting, rock-climbing, caving, horse riding, golf (Durbuy owns one of the most renowned courses of the country) belong to the wide range offered… not to mention the more traditional sports like tennis, swimming and angling.
Devotees of architectural heritages, be reassured: you will be lost for choice in this town of museums. History is present all over the place, without disturbing the modern comfort added by restaurants of all categories! Attractions in Durbuy:
- The Tourist Train: this train will drive you to the viewpoint, from where you can admire Durbuy's magnificent panorama.
- Jam Factory: Visit to the home of handmade jams
- Brewery: bring a visit to the traditional brewery
- Diamond Museum (Diamantissimo)
- Topiary Park: a unique collection in Europe of pruned bushes spread over 10,000 m2 in the Ourthe Valley.Resto.be offers a large choice of good restaurants in Durbuy at the best prices. You can also book a lot of restaurants in Durbuy online!